President and Vice President
Wayne Meier Jr.
President and Founder (1984)
Vice President and Co-Founder (1984)
It is a pleasure to have this opportunity to thank the community, our customers and our staff for having made Midwest Athletic Club a successful and respectable, locally owned and operated health and fitness center.
We've enjoyed a being the fitness destination in Cedar Rapids, Marion and Fairfax for over 40 years:
- 1984: First club opens in a 3,000 square-foot facility in K-Mart East Plaza off of Collins Road in Cedar Rapids.
- 1987: Relocate to a 9,000 square-foot building on Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids.
- 1997: South location opens on the southwest side of Cedar Rapids.
- 2005: Converted 44,000 square-feet of the former Shopko/Jacks building off 1st Avenue SE into our Xtreme location.
- 2006: 24/7 Xpress Fitness club opens in Hiawatha.
- 2008: 24/7 Xpress Fitness club opens in Fairfax.
- 2009: 24/7 Xpress Fitness club opens in Downtown Cedar Rapids .
- 2011: Complete remodel of South location on Jacolyn Drive SW.
- 2011: SMOOTHIE XPRESS located inside the Xtreme location.
- 2011: 24/7 Xpress Fitness club opens in Marion
- 2014: Opened iGYM in Cedar Rapids.
- 2014: Moved Hiawatha Xpress 24/7 to The Fountains!
- 2016: iGYM #2 opens (November)
- 2021: Moved Marion 24/7 to East Town Crossing location.
In 1984, we started with a staff of one. Today we employ over 150 professional individuals dedicated to helping change the lives of everyone who enters our facilities, from the friendly greeting from our Front Desk staff, to the caring Kids Club personnel, the dedication of our Floor Monitors, and the expert assistance of the Membership Directors, Group Fitness instructors, Personal Trainers and Managers.
We are honored to have earned such a successful image within our community and other business leaders in our area. Thank you for your continued support and business.
Wayne, Jackie, Chelsey, and Curtis